#What you’ll learn
- This installer prepare Elasticsearch and Kibana for Canarytrace use
- What is the configuration options?
#What is Canarytrace Installer?
Canarytrace is known as plug'n'play stack and it's means, that first run is very quickly and doesn't require lengthy set up. Set up Elasticsearch and Kibana it's also fast, thanks to prepared Canarytrace Installer.
- Latest supported version of Elasticsearch and Kibana is 7.17.3 and 8.2.0
- Installer is dockerized
- Ready for Canarytrace for DevOps and for Canarytrace Pro
- Ready for local use
- Ready for use on elastic.co
#What does installation contain?
- Install index patterns
- Index patterns tell Kibana which Elasticsearch indices you want to explore. An index pattern can match the name of a single index, or include a wildcard (*) to match multiple indices.
- Install templates
- An index template is a way to tell Elasticsearch how to configure an index when it is created.
- Install visualizations
- Visualize enables you to create visualizations of the data from your Elasticsearch indices, which you can then add to dashboards for analysis.
- Install dashboards
- A dashboard is a collection of visualizations, searches, and maps, typically in real-time. Dashboards provide at-a-glance insights into your data and enable you to drill down into details.
- Install search
- Saved search / view in Kibana.
Canarytrace Installer is available in our docker registry https://quay.io/repository/canarytrace/installer
#Set up Elasticsearch and Kibana on localhost
Run Canarytrace Installer
docker run --name installer --net canarytrace --rm quay.io/canarytrace/installer:1.0
- Please, use always latest version
This setting allows you to change the default setting. For example, Elasticsearch runs somewhere in the cloud.
ELASTIC_ENDPOINT=http://localhostfor local installation of Elasticsearch or
elasticsearchif you use
--net canarybridge or
https://1234.eu-central-1.aws.cloud.es.ioif you use elastic.co
ELASTIC_PORTT=9200this is a default REST-API port of Elasticsearch
c, e.g. index
KIBANA_ENDPOINT=http://localhostfor local installation of Elasticsearch or
kibanaif you use
--net canarybridge or `https://1234.eu-central-1.aws.
#Example with docker-compose and elastic.co
docker-compose contains configuration for prepare Elasticsearch and Kibana on elastic.
save the code to a file
docker-compose.yaml and run
- Do you find mistake or have any questions? Please create issue, thanks 👍
- Have more questions? Contact us.